This recipe is free of milk, eggs, wheat, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, fish and shellfish
- 4 large apples, cored (I used Organic Granny Smith...Whole Foods has Organic Honeycrisp on sale today only for $1.49lb)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar OR local honey for a "healthier version"
- 1/4 cup rolled oats (can find Gluten Free oats)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, a healthy grating
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons safe butter, cut into pieces (I used Earth Balance...can buy soy free if needed)
- 1/8 cup, regular or golden raisins
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Sprinkle cored apples with lemon juice. Mix next 7 ingredients and over-stuff apples. Bake 20 minutes in a small oven safe dish. Once cooled, I removed the skin (for my boys) and cut it up into pieces. They loved it!
Enjoy a beautiful fall weekend with your family and make lots of memories!