Monday, April 4, 2011

What Could Be Causing An Increase In Food Allergies?


Have you found yourself asking this question to your family, friends or doctor?

When I tell people about Brody's food allergies, I always find myself saying to them, "Do you remember going to school with kids who had food allergies? I didn't know one child with food allergies when I was in school or even when I was teaching almost 4 1/2 years ago. Now, almost every day I meet someone who has a child that is food allergic. It is becoming an epidemic and our children are suffering"

In this 18 minute talk, Robyn O'Brien shares how one breakfast changed her outlook on food. After she discovered that her daughter had a severe food allergy, she became determined to figure out what was causing a spike in the food allergies here in the U.S. Here is what she found:

Robyn O’Brien is a former food industry analyst turned crusader for safe, healthy food talks about the link between food allergies and our food system.



The facts about our food system are eye opening. As Robyn says in her talk, “one person can make a difference.” She encourages everyone to “Do One Thing” to improve your health and that of your family and our country. What’s your one thing?

Other resources
Food Inc,.
Food Matters




What Could Be Causing An Increase In Food Allergies?SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

2 comments:

  1. I've also heard it suggested that the rise in allergens could be related to the rise in vitamin D deficiency. Does your pediatrician check vitamin D levels?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our pediatrician does not check vitamin D levels, but I do give both of my children liquid vitamin D because I know they are not getting it from fruits and vegetables, since Vitamin D is the sunshine vitamin :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails