Monday, March 8, 2010

Black Bean Salsa


The other night, I taught a Wellness Workshop and I made this salsa that is healthful and easy, because you can make it in advance and let the flavors come together. This can be used as an appetizer or as an accompaniment to grilled chicken breasts, etc.

Black Bean Salsa
This recipe is free of milk, eggs, wheat, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, peanuts, fish and shellfish

Ingredients
2 cans of black beans drained and rinsed
*I like to use organic black beans or whole foods 365 black beans (they are only .89) and they do not have preservatives or added salt.
1 small bag of frozen corn (not in sauce), drained
* I can practically get frozen veggies free when I combine sale/coupons
1 lime OR lemon (for juice)
1 Haas avocado cut into pieces and soaked in fresh lime or lemon juice to preserve its color
*You might want to do this right before you serve this dip so the avocado is at its freshest
1 small onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 mango, diced OR pineapple, diced (I used pineapple because when I cut open my mango, it was yuck...no flavor)
4 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp white wine vinegar
fresh cilantro, chopped

Directions
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Cover. Let refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Stir before serving.

Serve with tortilla chips

Dinner Idea
*We had some extra black bean salsa left over, so I marinaded some chicken breasts in Annie's Naturals Mango Cilantro Marinade (does contain soy ingredients), threw them on the grill and served this salsa on top....SO FRESH AND SO DELICIOUS!


Black Bean SalsaSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails