Friday, June 25, 2010

Cherrybrook Kitchen Fudge Brownie Mix


Yesterday, I was at Target, and I found a Cherrybrook Kitchen Fudge Brownie Mix on clearance. It was marked down to $2.58, but had been $5.19. Plus, I had a $1 coupon from when I had contacted the company (it did not have an expiration date). So for $1.58 I decided to try the box of brownie mix.


There is such a convenience of using boxed brownie mixes, but obviously most are not safe for Brody because you have to add an egg (I tried one time to do a gluten free brownie mix with egg replacer and it took us DAYS to get it out of the pan...seriously....it was a rock!) and a lot of the regular brownie mixes have hydrogenated oils and other stuff in them that we try to avoid.


The brownies were pretty good. Next time, I would cook them for less time to make them more "fudge like", but I think you could take these somewhere and people would not question them being allergen free. It was the first time Brody has ever had a brownie and my older son was very excited too! It was such a fun treat for them AND me since I didn't have to cook it from scratch. I just had to throw in some safe melted butter, water and vegetable oil and mix.


The only hang up I would have is paying $5.19 for a box of brownies next time, since I probably won't find them on clearance or have a coupon. Honestly, that is a deterrent for me. Maybe it would be a good deal to buy them in bulk from Amazon? Anybody know any other ways to get the $5 box of brownie mix cheaper?


Click HERE to see the ingredients (they do contain wheat and soy)


Cherrybrook Kitchen Fudge Brownie MixSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails