Friday, February 26, 2010

Buca Di Beppo

Buca Di Beppo is one of my favorite non-mom and pop Italian restaurants. The other night, my mom and I were doing a late night consignment sale extravaganza and decided to go to Buca afterwards because we had a $10 off of $20 coupon (which would make for an inexpensive meal out...these coupons have been in the coupon inserts in the newspaper on Sunday).

We arrived around 8pm on a weeknight and there weren't too many people, so when our server came to take our order I asked him about "safe options" for my son who has food allergies. He told me to hang on, and next thing I know, Chef Jason is at our table talking to me about options for Brody. Even better, he came back to the table with his huge binder full of ingredients for all of their dishes (I am such a visual person...I want to SEE that it is safe). He even ripped off the ingredient list for the bread and brought it to me. He was extremely nice. This is one advantage of going to a restaurant that you are not sure about being safe without having to feed your child and being able to speak to one of the chef's personally because it was late....I was so excited!

I found out that their marinara sauce is safe (and if you were concerned, I made sure that the meatballs are not cooked in the sauce...it's just marinara) and he even brought out the box of noodles for me to look at. The noodles do not have milk, or eggs in them (but they do have wheat). I asked him if they have any gluten free noodles and he said no, but they have had customers who have brought them in and they have cooked the noodles for them. Pretty cool!

I was in Cool Springs doing some shopping yesterday, so decided to give it a try with Brody. He enjoyed is marinara/spaghetti. We used another $10 off $20 coupon and fed 2 adults and 2 kids for $12. What a deal! Plus, they gave us another coupon to use for the next time! One more eating out option....always nice!

I went to the Buca in Cool Springs and Chef Jason said it is him and Juan in the kitchen...FYI.

I asked about the bread that they serve for free with the dinner and here are the
Ingredients:
unbleached bread flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, wheat flour, malted wheat flour, ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), salt, yeast.

I would call ahead just to make sure that you will be taken care of and like always, tell speak to your server about the accommodations.


Buca Di Beppo
1722 Galleria Blvd
Franklin, TN
615-778-1321



Buca Di BeppoSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails