Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Chicken Cupcake


We recently celebrated Brody's 1 year birthday. Since I couldn't buy the cake with coordinating smash cake at Publix (boo hoo!), I made him a chicken cupcake. He was a chicken for Halloween, a chicken would be fun and I thought I could pull it off. I was happy with the result and he had a smile (and lots of frosting and chocolate) on his face.


Cupcake
Betty Crocker Gluten Free Devil's Food Cake (you could use any cake mix you like)
1 can of 100% pure pumpkin
Mix ingredients and bake at 350 for approximately 15 minutes

Frosting
Safe Buttercream Icing Recipe
*I left most of the icing white for the chicken and pulled out a little to color red, brown and yellow
*To color the icing,I used Wilton 8 Icing Color Concentrated gel-won't thin icing (bought at Michaels with a 50% off coupon)
-used red for the crest, yellow for the beak and legs/feet and brown for the eyes

Decorating the Chicken
To make the chicken look 3-D, I cut large marshmallows (see picture) and placed them onto the cupcake then dipped a toothpick into the colored icing to decorate the crest, eyes, beak and legs/feet

Safe and Cute...Mission Accomplished.


Chicken CupcakeSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails