Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Secret Ingredient for Moist Allergen Free Cupcakes or Muffins


I love to bake, but without being able to use egg, I have found it difficult. Egg replacer doesn't like me and I feel like I waste ingredients/time when my product turns out yucky or inedible.

The other day, I spoke to a friend of mine who has two older children who are allergic to egg. She told me that when she makes cupcakes for her kids (when she has to bake them for school parties, etc.), that she buys the box of cake mix (any cake mix) and adds a can of pumpkin...that's it! How easy is that? And a healthy option, in my opinion...LOVE IT!

I couldn't wait to get home to make them! YUM! They are great!

Ingredients
Any cake mix that is safe for your family
1 15 oz can of 100% Pure Pumpkin (I used Libby's)
*The spice cake mix/pumpkin makes yummy "breakfast" muffins and of course the chocolate makes yummy cupcakes. Check out this safe buttercream icing recipe.
Directions
Mix cake mix and pumpkin together in a large bowl. Pour into muffin tin and bake at 350 for approximately 15 minutes.

*These are very moist. We had some friends over the other night and they thought they were great! So, even if you do not have food allergies, try this recipe!
Tip: Regular size muffins fall apart a little bit, but I have found if you make them into mini muffins (if you do not need cupcakes), they do not fall apart and are easy for little kids and adults alike to pop in their mouth :) Just bake for less time (probably about 8-9 minutes).

I have been STOCKING UP on Pumpkin. Last week, it was on sale at Walgreen's for $1 a can, which is a SMOKIN' deal and I saw that Walmart has it for $1.34. Until our egg allergy goes away, we will be using pumpkin in our muffins/cupcakes, so I figure stock up when it is on sale.

The Secret Ingredient for Moist Allergen Free Cupcakes or MuffinsSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails