Friday, January 29, 2010

7 Layer Dip






With the Superbowl coming up, we are starting to plan our menu for the big day. I could care less about the game, I just love the food and watching the commercials. I am excited that there is going to be yummy, safe food for Brody. We are doing a lot of finger foods. It makes me so happy when food that we usually enjoy can be easily adjusted for him. This appetizer is hearty and full of flavor any time of the year! And no one will even think of it being "Allergen Free"


7 Layer Dip


This recipe is free of milk, eggs, wheat, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, fish and shellfish


Ingredients

1 can of refried beans (or enough homemade refried beans to fill the bottom of an 8x8 pan)

2 avocados, mashed

1 lime, juiced

coarse salt, to taste

salsa (I prefer the fresh, refrigerated kind), enough to use as a layer

1 can black olives

1 tomato, diced

1 small onion, diced

cilantro, chopped

*any other toppings that you like (fresh jalapeno, lettuce chopped, etc.)

*Tabasco on the side, optional


Serve with tortilla chips and/or Frito's


When we have this with my family or take this somewhere, I have a bowl of shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream on the side for whoever wants to add it :) A small bowl of fresh jalapeno chopped is also fun for those who want to add a little kick.


Directions

Spread 1 can of refried beans (or enough homemade refried beans...I make a huge batch and freeze it in small servings) on the bottom of an 8x8 pan. In a small bowl, mash the avocados with a fork until smooth and stir in lime juice and add coarse salt to taste. Spread the avocado mixture over top of the refried beans. Spread the salsa over the avocado mixture. Add the toppings. Enjoy!


I usually make this in advance in pull it out of the frig about 25 minutes before I serve it.



7 Layer DipSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails