Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bonefish Grill


There is another safe restaurant for you to eat at...Bonefish Grill. A few months ago, my in-laws took my husband and I out to dinner without the kids, and while we were there I asked the server if they would be able accommodate Brody with his food allergies. I was told to bring him in and they will make safe food, since they make everything cooked to order. I was excited to have another restaurant that was not annoyed or who didn't have a clue about cooking for someone with food allergies.

My husband and I were planning on going to Bonefish for a date night in the near future because they have $5 Bang Bang Shrimp (full of allergens) on Wednesday nights (this is one of our favorite appetizers). This is a great deal for this appetizer...and there is no limit on how many you can purchase :)

Well, we decided to bring the kids with us since it was a last minute decision to go. I got on the Internet, looked at the kids menu and saw that grilled chicken and fresh vegetables is one of the options (I figured this could definitely be safe). I called and spoke with one of the staff and asked again if they could accommodate Brody. I was told to come in and that they would take care of us.

When we arrived at Bonefish, I spoke with our server and she immediately brought the manager to our table. We spoke to him about the allergens that we are having to avoid. He said the grilled chicken with no seasonings and freshly steamed broccoli with no seasonings would be safe for Brody. He spoke with the chef and made sure that there would not be any possibility of cross-contamination. The manager personally brought Brody out a little plate of fruit so that he had something to snack on while his dinner was being prepared (I thought this was going over and beyond). Brody nearly cleaned his plate when his dinner was brought out. My parents joke that we are not going to be able to afford to feed my two boys as they get older :)

The manager came back to our table during dinner to make sure that everything was alright and I thanked him and told him it is so nice to be able to dine somewhere that the staff completely understands the food allergies and the severity of it. We had a wonderful, safe experience at Bonefish!

We ordered off the kids menu for Brody, but they have many adult options (not just seafood). Check out their menu online. They also have a Gluten Free menu.

The manager gave me his card and told me to give him a call before we come in and he would take care of us...

Nathan Miller
Manager
3010 A Mallory Lane
Franklin, TN 37067
615-771-1025


To find a Bonefish Grill near you, click here. Also, you can call and make reservations, which is so nice!
Hope you are able to have an allergen free night out :)
Bonefish GrillSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails