Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Allergen Free Cupcake...Ready to go!

1 previously frozen allergen free cupcake

+ previously frozen homemade frosting

= ready to go to a birthday party!

We were invited to go to a birthday party and I had everything ready in my freezer to pull out a safe dessert for Brody. Quick and Easy....
  • I had a batch of previously frozen chocolate cupcakes made with pumpkin (allergen free)

Allergen Free Cupcake

This recipe is free of milk, eggs, wheat, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, fish and shellfish

Ingredients

Any cake mix you like and that is safe for your family

1 can of 100% pure pumpkin

Directions

Mix ingredients and bake at 350 for approximately 15 minutes

  • I had a batch of homemade frosting that I had made and froze in a freezer bag. I just defrosted it a few hours before the party and took out what I needed to frost the cupcake and threw it back in the freezer. Ready to go for next time!

Buttercream Icing (recipe from Sophie-Safe Cooking)


This recipe is free of milk, eggs, wheat, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, fish and shellfish

Ingredients

1/4 cup Earth Balance
2 cups powdered sugar
2 Tbsp rice milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions
Beat margarine with a mixer. Add 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar and mix well. Add rice milk and vanilla and mix until smooth. Add enough of the remaining powdered sugar to make the frosting a good consistency for spreading.

  • Throw some sprinkles on that allergen free cupcake and you are good to go! I put it in a small Tupperware container so it didn't get messed up and Brody was able to eat along with the other kids, and I wasn't in the kitchen making ONE cupcake for him to have at a party.

*Did you know that Whole Foods has sprinkles that do not have dyes in them but are colored with natural colorings (example: beet juice for red/pink sprinkles)? These are found in the bakery. They make them right there. I was told not to apply the sprinkles liberally because if there are too many you can taste the natural coloring. I think this is AWESOME!

Allergen Free Cupcake...Ready to go!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails