Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Easter Basket Ideas

Divvies has a Dairy Free, Nut Free 4 oz. solid chocolate bunny (it contains soy). Enter the code "March" at checkout and you will get 20% off your order. If you have a friend who has a child with food allergies, you can order together and split the shipping cost. Shipping is $7.50 for 1-4 bunnies, so it would be cheaper to do it this way. The shipping is almost as much as the bunny :) I am really excited that Brody will actually be able to get a bunny and not just an Enjoy Life Chocolate Bar (not that these aren't good...but you gotta have a bunny for Easter).

I LOVE that Surf Sweets Jelly Beans (I called Whole Foods and Turnip Truck and both are trying to order them...I will keep you updated) are made with organic fruit juice and sweeteners, 100% vitamin C per serving, 97% organic, no corn syrup or GMOs, gluten free and casein Free, made in a nut-free facility and vegetarian. My boys are getting these instead of dye filled ones this year :) YAY! for "healthier" candy options :)

I found one of these Hide 'Em and Find 'Em Eggs last year at Rite Aid and drove really far (won't tell you how far because you will laugh) to pick one up that was being held for me (it was the last one in a boy color). Of course I figured out that I REALLY wanted one too close to Easter. Brock (my older son) had a blast finding his laughing, talking egg last year. I know they both will enjoy it this year. I think Learning Express in Franklin has them if you are local. Give them a call and see before you go. These little eggs are ADORABLE! *I might be trying to locate one more this year so each boy has one...the search begins again....hopefully not as crazy as last year :)
Other things that will be in Brody's basket:
  • A kite: I got a kite every Easter growing up and I will continue this tradition with the boys....as long as the weather is nice (that means not too cold here), it is a fun treat
  • Bubbles...you can't go wrong with bubbles :)
If I think of anything else (sometimes I am a last-minute kind of person) I will add to the list, but these are the definite items in the basket. Can you believe that Easter is almost here?
Easter Basket IdeasSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

4 comments:

  1. and here is a link for a coupon to Learning Express. Have to register with couponclipper though....http://couponclipper.com...for 20% off one item. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip on the eggs - I found some at Target today. They are perfect for Marino's age (not sure I could motivate him to find silent eggs).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you like the ideas Elle!
    Thanks Ginger for the Coupon to Learning Express and Thanks Sara for letting us know they have the eggs at Target. I need to get on this :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails